After the events ofEldritch Manor, Willa just wants peace and quiet, but the burned-down old house is only creating more problems. The old folks are restless, the magical groups are fighting with each other, and Willa’s attempts to “fix” her family aren’t going well at all. The forces of darkness were easier to handle!
CCBC’s Best Books for Kids & Teens (Spring 2016) — Commended
After defeating the forces of evil in Eldritch Manor, Willa must rebuild the manor — and her family.
Can Willa rally her supernatural friends to defeat an invasion from beyond?
After battling and defeating the forces of darkness, Willa is looking forward to a little well-earned peace and quiet. Unfortunately, her recent adventures have given birth to new problems, not the least of which is the task of rebuilding Eldritch Manor, a retirement home for supernatural beings, from the ground up. And no one is behaving themselves: Mab’s fairies have declared war on the dwarf construction crew, Willa’s Mom and Belle are feuding, Baz is running amok, Horace is living in the woods, the phoenix squawks all night long, and there’s never a dragon around when you need one. To be perfectly honest, Willa is starting to think the forces of darkness were easier to handle than her family and friends — until those forces start to rise again!
Trouble is definitely brewing, and the source lies very close to home, Who can Willa trust? Who will betray them? Who will open the door for the darkness to enter?
- Chapter One - In which Willa has to deal with a feuding family, furious fairies, and a surly centaur
- Chapter Two - In which the Dwarves Begin Work and the Phoenix Drives Everyone Up the Wall
- Chapter Three - War is Declared
- Chapter Four - Peace and other Unsettling Events
- Chapter Five - Black spots and Dark Suspicions
- Chapter Six - Weapons for Everyone!
- Chapter Seven - The Lion's powers and the Dragon's Return
- Chapter Eight - In which Willa takes on her Messed-Up Family
- Chapter Nine - Into the Dark
- Chapter Ten - Wherein Things Get Even Worse
- Chapter Eleven - Facing the Monstrous Bird
- Chapter Twelve - Fire and Chasm
- Chapter Thirteen - In which Wisdom is Found
- Chapter Fourteen - A Brush with the Law
- Chapter Fifteen - Hearth and Home