Detailed and down-to-earth, this book delivers:
• Guidance on news gathering, from government and business to sport and religion
• Guidance on news writing, drawing on over 300 examples that have appeared in print, discussing why they work or how they could have been better
• Guidance on feature writing, including profiles, comment, leading articles, obituaries and reviews
• Specific chapters on ethical reporting and the possibilities and pitfalls of investigative journalism
• A review of the new financial realities that the internet is imposing on the media.
Informed by over half a century′s professional experience and fully revised to give a nuanced account of the skills required in an online environment, this book is an essential companion for your journalism degree and beyond.